Decision Nº 2/2008 of the EU-Mexico Joint Council
of 25 July 2008
amending Joint Council Decision Nº 2/2000, as amended by Joint Council Decision Nº 3/2004
THE JOINT COUNCIL,
Having regard to the Economic Partnership, Political Coordination and Cooperation Agreement between the European Community and its Member States, of the one part, and the United Mexican States, of the other part (1), (hereinafter the Agreement) signed in Brussels on 8 December 1997, and in particular Articles 5 and 10 in conjunction with Articles 47 and 56 thereof,
(1) Following the accession to the European Union of the Republic of Bulgaria and of Romania (hereinafter the new Member States) as of 1 January 2007, a Second Additional Protocol to the Agreement has been signed in Mexico on 29 November 2006 and entered into force on 1 March 2007 (*).
(2) Under these conditions it is necessary to adapt, with effect from the date at which the new Member States acceded to the Agreement, certain provisions of Decision Nº 2/2000 of the EC-Mexico Joint Council (2) as amended by Joint Council Decision Nº 3/2004 (3), concerning trade in goods, certification of origin and government procurement,
HAS DECIDED AS FOLLOWS:
1. Annex I to Joint Council Decision 2/2000 is hereby amended in accordance with the provisions set out in Annex I to this Decision.
2. This Article does not affect the content of the review clause set out in Article 10 of Joint Council Decision Nº 2/2000.
Articles 17(4) and 18(2) and Appendix IV to Annex III to Joint Council Decision 2/2000 are hereby amended in accordance with the provisions of Annex II to this Decision.
1. The entities of the new Member States listed in Annex III to this Decision are hereby added to the relevant sections of Annex VI, Part B of Joint Council Decision 2/2000.
2. The publications of the new Member States listed in Annex IV to this Decision are hereby added to Part B of Annex XIII to Joint Council Decision 2/2000.
This Decision shall enter into force on the date of its adoption.
It shall be applied with effect from the date on which the new Member States acceded to the Agreement.
Done at Brussels, 25 July 2008.
For the Joint Council
P. ESPINOSA CANTELLANO
Tariff elimination schedule of the Community
Quantity of the annual tariff quota
Tariff quota duty rate
Bananas, fresh (excluding plantains)
2000 tonnes (*)
(*) This annual tariff quota shall be open from 1 January to 31 December of each calendar year. However, it will be applied for the first time from the third day after the publication of this Decision in the Official Journal of the European Union."
New language versions of administrative remarks and "invoice declaration" contained in
Annex III to Decision Nº 2/2000
1. Article 17(4) of Annex III to Decision Nº 2/2000 is hereby amended as follows:
"4. Movement certificates EUR.1 issued retrospectively must be endorsed with one of the following phrases:
BG "ИЗДАДЕН ВПОСЛЕДСТВИЕ"
ES "EXPEDIDO A POSTERIORI"
CS "VYSTAVENO DODATEČNĚ"
DA "UDSTEDT EFTERFØLGENDE"
DE "NACHTRÄGLICH AUSGESTELLT"
ET "TAGANTJÄRELE VÄLJA ANTUD"
EL "ΕΚΔΟΘΕΝ ΕΚ ΤΩΝ ΥΣΤΕΡΩΝ"
EN "ISSUED RETROSPECTIVELY"
FR "DÉLIVRÉ A POSTERIORI"
IT "RILASCIATO A POSTERIORI"
LV "IZSNIEGTS RETROSPEKTĪVI"
LT "RETROSPEKTYVUSIS IŠDAVIMAS"
HU "KIADVA VISSZAMENŐLEGES HATÁLLYAL"
MT "MAĦRUĠ RETROSPETTIVAMENT"
NL "AFGEGEVEN A POSTERIORI"
PL "WYSTAWIONE RETROSPEKTYWNIE"
PT "EMITIDO A POSTERIORI"
RO "EMIS A POSTERIORI"
SK "VYDANÉ DODATOČNE"
SL "IZDANO NAKNADNO"
FI "ANNETTU JÄLKIKÄTEEN"
SV "UTFÄRDAT I EFTERHAND"."
2. Article 18(2) of Annex III to Decision Nº 2/2000 is hereby amended as follows:
"2. The duplicate issued in this procedure shall be endorsed with one of the following words:
PT "SEGUNDA VIA"
3. The following is hereby added to Appendix IV of Annex III to Decision Nº 2/2000:
Износителят на продуктите, обхванати от този документ (митническо разрешение № … или разрешение на компетентен държавен орган (1)) декларира, че освен където ясно е отбелязано друго, тези продукти са с … (2) преференциален произход.
Exportatorul produselor ce fac obiectul acestui document (autorizatia vamală sau a autoritătii guvernamentale competente nr. ... (1)) declară că, exceptând cazul în care în mod expres este indicat altfel, aceste produse sunt de origine preferentială ... (2).
CENTRAL GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES
"Republic of Bulgaria
- Official Journal of the European Union
- State Gazette (http://dv.parliament.bg)
- Public Procurement Register (http://www.aop.bg)
Laws and Regulations:
- State Gazette
- Supreme Administrative Court (http://www.sac.government.bg)
Administrative rulings of general application and any procedure:
- Public Procurement Agency (http://www.aop.bg)
- Commission for Protection of Competition (http://www.cpc.bg)
- Official Journal of the European Union
- Official Journal of Romania
- Electronic System for Public Procurement (http://www.e-licitatie.ro)"
(1) OJ L 276, 28.10.2000, p. 45.
(*) To clarify this point, the Second Additional Protocol was signed by the Parties in Brussels on 21 February 2007, following the official initialling of the text in Mexico City on 29 November 2006. It was applied as from 1 March 2007 and entered into force on 1 March 2008 on completion of the necessary internal procedures by the Parties.
(2) OJ L 157, 30.6.2000, p. 10.
(3) OJ L 293, 16.9.2004, p. 15.
(1) When the invoice declaration is made out by an approved exporter within the meaning of Article 21 of this Annex, the authorisation number of the approved exporter must be entered in this space. When the invoice declaration is not made out by an approved exporter, the words in brackets shall be omitted or the space left blank.
(2) Origin of products to be indicated. When the invoice declaration relates in whole or in part, to products originating in Ceuta and Melilla within the meaning of Article 37 of this Annex, the exporter must clearly indicate them in the document on which the declaration is made out by means of the symbol "CM".
Return to Index